Due to the massive demand for Human Resources Manager within Canada, You are eligible to apply for a position in human resource management through an application to the Canadian Immigration program of the government.
Human resource managers were added to the list of targeted occupations often referred to by”the NOC List (National Occupation Code List). Foreigners looking to be employed as human resources manager in Canada must apply for this code: 0112.
Therefore, you only need to ensure that you meet the guidelines in this article to be an HR administrator in Canada.
This article will provide all the information you need to begin your career as a human resource manager in Canada. You will be taught the tasks a human resource manager is responsible for, job descriptions, steps to settling into Canada, and the human resources manager’s primary duties.
Human Resources Manager
|Experience||0 – 3 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Benefits||Dental care, Employee assistance program|
|Salary||$100,930 – $118,081 per year|
READ NOW: Other Jobs you can apply for in Canada.
Human Resources Manager
The town of Tillsonburg is a growing municipality that is at the cutting edge of technology, nestled right in stunning Southern Ontario. The town is seeking an enthusiastic customer service-oriented expert group player.
Reporting on behalf of the Director of Corporate Services, the Manager of Human Resources is responsible for the overall oversight of the department’s operations to aid in the achievement of the strategic goals and goals of the municipality.
Other duties include maintaining respectful labor relations and ensuring compliance with the laws governing health and safety. Maintaining job descriptions aligned with the pay equity laws, training and staff development, recruitment of employees, coaching employees and conducting workplace investigations, and maintaining accurate information on human resources systems and payroll management.
The ideal candidate will have an academic degree from a university in Business or another related field. They should possess at least 3 (3) years of experience in a top HR position, with demonstrable experience in managing human resources and a thorough knowledge of the employment standards and laws.
The job offers a complete benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Life and AD & D, and OMERS. The town has a hybrid work policy that is in effect. The range of salaries for this job is $100,930 to $118.081.
A full description of the job is available on the website of the Town of Tillsonburg website at www.tillsonburg.ca. Candidates interested in applying are asked to apply through the online portal. The application deadline is September 7, 2022.
Department The Department: Corporate Services Division: Human Resources Group Manager Reports to Director, Corporate Services Grade 14 Last Update 2021 Summary of Position Plan, arranges, executes monitoring, controls, and assesses the human resource (HR) services, guidelines, and policies for all employees of the town. Designated Health and Safety Officer for the Town.
- Business degree or related area.
- Post-secondary training is in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a top HR role, demonstrated experience in managing human resources, and a thorough knowledge of the regulations and employment standards.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL).
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance
- Act, Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and address various issues simultaneously.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to maintain and establish efficient working relationships.
- The ability to prioritize.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Great as a team member.
- Excellent experience working using MS Office Suite, Windows, Internet, HRIS, and the payroll system.
- The ability to manage investigations or investigations with sensitivity.
Responsibilities of a Human Resources Manager
- It offers a range of HR advisory and consulting assistance, including compensation and job evaluation, policy development, mentoring and leadership development programs, succession planning, and help with recruitment.
- Participates in administrating the corporate’s goals, Priorities, action plans, and goals under Council policies and directives and ensures that all services provided are efficiently, effectively, and efficiently.
- Offers a variety of HR advisory services as well as advice on training as well as performance management as well as health and safety, and labor relations.
- Provides leadership to
- Reviews, prepare, analyzes, and provides reports on necessary HR data, including absences, health, and safety-related incidents, pay equity, personal days and EAP utilization, and adherence to vacation policies.
- Coordinates with employees, including lawyers, public officials, government departments, organizations and training organizations, etc.
- Develops and suggests HR policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards that cover the complete HR service.
- Manages the ongoing administration of compensation programs that include market surveys, job reviews, and pay equity compliance on grids and employee benefits.
- Participates in negotiations of agreements and makes suggestions to CAO regarding town’s position. Towns position.
- Offers technical advice regarding the interpretation of agreements of association.
- Resolves grievances relating to Association agreements.
- Offers assistance to employees and managers on HR issues. It also refers to employee assistance programs or other resources that are applicable.
- Finds and tracks the best practice and developments in HR Services.
- Assists in the determining and monitoring of employee training requirements.
- Maintains and develops an HR system or database.
- Ensure staff members are updated regarding the most recent and evolving Human Resource legislation such as ESA, WSIA, Pension Act, and more.
- Research, summarize, and suggest applicable employee complaints.
- Assists managers in responding to and addressing discrimination, human rights, workplace violence, and health and safety issues.
- Creates recommendations for health and safety guidelines programs, procedures, and guidelines.
- Controls the safety and health system to ensure an accurate assessment of risks and compliance with relevant provincial laws.
- All responsibility for Human Resource department budget and business plan.
- Directs and assists departments in determining annual HR costs.
- Conforms to all rules and regulations of the town.
- Other duties are performed as required.
The town of Tillsonburg is an equal opportunity employer, and the information we collect is used in compliance with the Municipal Freedom to Information Act and Protecting Privacy Act to aid in the process of determining the best candidate for employment.
The town of Tillsonburg is dedicated to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are provided throughout the hiring process. If you have been contacted about a job opening, please inform the town that you require accommodation.
To apply, fill out our Application Form with valid information so we can reach out to you when needed.
NOTE: Try to visit this page frequently as much as you can. If possible visit here daily to check your application status.
Also Subscribe for Notifications so you don’t miss any important message from us.
Have a great day.