Get Free visa to live and work in canada

Skilled Worker visa To live and work in Canada

If you are interested in living and working in Canada, you are required to have a visa. Therefore, obtaining a permanent visa within the skilled worker category is possible if you meet the requirements. To qualify for one of the visas, your profile will be assessed. For this, your work experience (knowledge) and qualifications are essential.

A visa application for Canada consists of multiple phases of a system called ‘Express Entry.’ Through this system, points are awarded to personal factors, resulting in the candidates with the highest score being invited for a complete visa application.

Canadian visa categories

Federal Skilled Worker Class

To apply for a visa within this ‘Federal Skilled Worker category, you must meet different requirements. First, all candidates are evaluated based on their scores on various factors. To be able to apply, you need at least 67 out of 100 points. Besides work experience and credentials, the following elements are essential:

  • Your age
  • As mentioned, diplomas and work experience are essential.
  • Your knowledge of English and French language is also relevant.
  • A job offer from a Canadian employer generates extra points.
  • Finally: your connections with Canada (e.g., language abilities of your partner, Canadian work experience or previous study, family in Canada)

Furthermore, your job title must have the correct ‘level.’ This means you must have at least one year of full-time work experience in a position in the NOC (National Occupation Classification) List, level O, A, or B. You will also require to prove that your monetary funds are sufficient for your family size. Immigration Canada has determined the requirements for this.

Your profile can be prepared and submitted as soon as it is determined that you meet the above requirements. After submission, you will be assessed again with a different score chart. The second score is called the ‘Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).’ Based on the results of this score, invitation rounds are held regularly. All candidates with a score above the minimum are invited for a permanent visa application.

Federal Skilled Trade Class

Employees with technical professions are frequently requested in Canada. For this reason, this separate visa category has been drawn up for people with technical jobs that want to live and work in Canada. If you wish to be considered for this, you must meet various criteria for this application, as outlined below:

  • At least two years of work experience in the past five years
  • The job position must be categorized under the ‘skilled trade’ professions.
  • You can provide a job offer from a Canadian employer approved by ‘Employment and Social Development Canada.’
  • Furthermore, you also have good English and French language abilities.
  • You meet the set professional criteria (for example, registration or licenses)

You can submit a profile within ‘Express Entry’ if you meet the above requirements. After that, the profile will also be assessed based on your CRS score.

Canadian Experience Class

This category is specifically for people with work experience in Canada. You may be eligible for this category if you have gained full-time work experience for one year in the last three years in Canada. This is only possible if the position has the correct level (O, A, or B) and is on the NOC list. Finally, knowledge of English or French language must also be demonstrated here. Just like the visas mentioned above, a minimum CRS Score is required.

Provincial Nominee Program

canada express entry

Finally, the ‘Provincial Nominee Program’ also belongs to the visa categories within Express Entry. Many Canadian provinces have their visa programs, called the PNP’s. Through these programs, the areas can play a more direct role in the selection of immigrants. In addition, it can respond to the demand and supply within the labor market of the specific province. Therefore, each province or territory applies its criteria and conditions.

These programs could offer additional possibilities if you are not eligible for the federal program. If you have a specific preference for an area you would like to live and work in Canada, ask our specialist about the possibilities for that area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


To apply, fill out our Application Form with valid information so we can reach out to you when needed.
NOTE: Try to visit this page frequently as much as you can. If possible visit here daily to check your application status.
Also Subscribe for Notifications so you don’t miss any important message from us.
Have a great day.

You May Also Like